Fall and Winter breaks are coming faster than you may think. For many families, this is a time when your toddlers and preschoolers are out of school and spending more time at home. It’s a great opportunity to spend time bonding with your kids. When you are at home with your kids, having some different activities to do will keep them busy and help them continue the development that’s so essential at that age. Keep reading to learn about different things to do at home during the holidays with your toddlers.
6 Things To Do At Home During The Holidays With Toddlers
Having activities to do at home is the best way to spend the holidays with your preschoolers when they’re home from school. Here’s a list of some fun things you can do:
- Dance to holiday music. Movement is important for toddlers, and dancing is a great way to get them moving and inspire their creativity! Have a holiday dance party with your toddlers and dance around to all your favorite holiday songs.
- Wear matching holiday pajamas. Your preschoolers will love wearing cozy matching pajamas and looking just like their parents.
- Decorate a gingerbread house. Even if they don’t make the best decorators, your toddlers will enjoy mixing crafts with cookies as they build a gingerbread house. Before you start, put the house together and let your toddlers help you decorate.
- Make sparkly play dough. The holidays are all about light and sparkle. Infuse your preschooler’s playdough with glitter to make an extra fun batch. They can use the sparkly play dough to make holiday decorations, too.
- Paint foam plates. Preschoolers and toddlers love using their hands to make crafts. Painting will help them learn colors and find ways to express themselves. Get some foam plates and set your kids up with different paints and decorations like ribbons. They’ll have a blast making holiday decorations for your home!
- Blow frozen bubbles. If the weather where you live is cold enough, you can have some serious fun with this cool science experiment. Go outside with some normal bubbles and blow them into the cold air. If the temperature is right, the bubbles will freeze. Your toddler will love watching the bubbles change. Make sure to bundle up for this one!
Care When It’s Not The Holidays – Tour Our Campus
When the holidays are over, your kids will head back to school. If you’ve been searching for the perfect preschool for toddlers in Arizona, consider Kids’ Corner. Our team truly cares about enriching the lives of every child in our program. We celebrate special days with our students, provide a whole-child curriculum, and are dedicated to providing the best child care in the area. We also offer before- and after-school programs and transportation that support your schedule, whatever it may be.
In addition, our drop-in daycare service allows parents with ever-changing schedules or emergencies to still be able to provide their children with quality child care. No matter your schedule, you can rest easy knowing that Kids’ Corner is there for your child.
If you’re ready to enroll your toddler in a dedicated preschool that focuses on enriching experiences and childhood development, schedule a tour of Kids’ Corner today. Call our Gilbert preschool campus now at 480-267-9427 or our Mesa preschool campus at 480-267-9419.