Kid’s Corner is not only an excellent preschool – we’re also a licensed child care center. But what is a “licensed daycare”? If you’re wondering what exactly that entails, let us explain. Hopefully it will make you even more confident that you’re making the right decision leaving your child in our hands.
Arizona Child Care Facility Licensing Requirements
In order to be a licensed daycare center in Arizona, a child care facility must meet these requirements:
- An appropriate staff/child ratio, or the number of children one staff member can care for at a time in a classroom or group. For an all-ages daycare that includes infants, this ratio is one caregiver for every five infants.
- Staff members must be over the age of 18, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and have at least six months experience in child care, a CDA Credential, or an AA or BA in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a similar field.
- A child-safe environment, including but not limited to: smoke detectors placed in every room or hallway the children will be in; at least two fire-extinguishers on the premises; electrical outlets being covered in any room the children will be in; any dangerous equipment or supplies being inaccessible to the children; and a comprehensive first-aid kit on the premises. In addition, all licensed daycares have an emergency plan in place in case of fires or other emergencies.
- All children must be properly supervised by a qualified and trained staff member at all times.
- Resources such as clean clothing, clean drinking water, and allergy-safe snacks are available to the children at all times.
These are just some of the most important requirements that childcare centers must reach before becoming licensed. There are many, many more rules and regulations, all of them designed with the health and safety of your children in mind. As you can see, it’s important to find a licensed day care, so that you can rest assured your child is in the best possible hands.
Kid’s Corner: Licensed Day Care in Mesa and Gilbert
At Kid’s Corner, we take these requirements very seriously. Not only are we fully licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services, we are also DES approved. When you drop off your children at Kid’s Corner, you can breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that they will be cared for in a regulated environment.
Want a tour of Kid’s Corner, or have any questions to ask us? Call our Mesa campus at (480)-267-9419, or our Gilbert campus at (480)-267-9427.