When it comes to picking the right preschool for your child, the choices can seem overwhelming and stressful. Thankfully, figuring out how to find the right Pre-K program for your child is actually pretty simple, and Kids’ Corner is here to help you find the best fit for you and your child.
How Can Parents Find a Good Preschool?
Finding a good preschool is a daunting prospect. You want to set your child up for the best life possible – and you want to start with a preschool that will give them a well-rounded education. But how to find the right one?
Finding the best preschool starts with knowing what you want for your child. Are you looking for a school with a focus on child-directed play? High quality teachers? Good preparation for kindergarten? Knowing what you’re looking for will help you narrow down your options and find the right questions to ask when touring potential schools.
Then, start your search by looking up preschools in your area and doing some research on them. Look at online reviews and get some testimonials from people who have children enrolled. When you’re ready, call them and schedule a tour – and feel free to ask as many questions as you’d like.
What Questions Should Parents Ask When Choosing a Preschool?
It’s a good idea to ask plenty of questions when considering enrolling your child in a preschool. But what questions should you ask? Here are some ideas:
- Are you licensed and accredited?
- Do you participate in First Things First and Quality First?
- What is your school’s Quality First star rating?
- Will my child be ready for kindergarten when they’ve graduated from this school?
These questions should give you a good idea of how the school runs and whether it’s a good fit for your family.
Do Children Who Attend Preschool Do Better?
The short answer is – yes! Children who attend preschool are more likely to graduate from high school and go on to college than children who didn’t attend preschool. In addition, preschool has excellent short-term benefits, such as setting your child up for an easy transition to kindergarten and allowing them to make friends and develop their social skills in a safe, supervised environment.
How to Find the Right Pre-K Program
So what is the best way to find the right Pre-K program? Here are some steps you can take to ensure you end up with the best of the best.
- Determine your ideal needs, values, and budget: To find the best preschool, it’s helpful to know exactly what you’re looking for. Your budget, your child’s needs, and your values on parenting and education all play a role in choosing the right preschool.
- Check reviews & get referrals: Seeing what other people think of a preschool can be a good way to determine what the community’s view on it is. Doing this can be a good way to weed out the more untrustworthy preschools before moving on to the better options.
- Schedule a tour and ask questions: A tour of the preschool’s campus is an excellent time not only to gauge how you feel about the environment, but also to get an opportunity to see the teachers in action and ask all the questions on your mind. Remember to trust your intuition – if something seems off, ask about it.
On the hunt for the perfect preschool? Kids’ Corner is here for you and your family! We are a fully licensed and accredited preschool, with qualified teachers, a well-rounded curriculum, and a passion for our community. If you have any questions for us, or want to schedule a tour, call us now at 480-267-9427 for our Gilbert campus or 480-267-9419 for our Mesa campus. We look forward to hearing from you!